General Guidelines -- Panel Instructions
Please adhere to these simple guidelines in order to help us maintain the uniformity of the panels of the quilt.
· Please use FABRIC MARKERS only for names. Pens and non fabric markers will smudge and run. (We recommend fabric mate by Yasutomo)
· Do not touch spaces that have been recently written on, they will smudge.
· The school or organization as a whole may choose to write a saying, prayer, poem, or do art work in the center. Any durable medium will work (embroidery, fabric paint, quilting).
· Be sure the cloth has a piece of cardboard or felt under it before writing, the markers will go through onto clothing.
· Please be careful to make sure hands are clean before handling, this quilt has a long journey to take.
· Fabric must be 100% white cotton, a heavy weave is great for durability.
· 45" by 45"
· Please keep 1/2 inch around the edge for seem allowance.
· Please be sure to include your school and community name on the panel (city and state).
· When complete please mail to Heart of America Quilt, 7 First St. Winslow Maine 04901
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for participating in this awesome undertaking, and for generously showing your support for those devastated by this tragic event. By simply signing your name on this "document" you are but one signature, but the cumulative total of all the signatures will shout to the world "We are but one family The UNITED STATES OF AMERICA"
The end goal is to have enough squares assembled in a fashion to create a flag over one acre in size.
Remember if you have any questions please feel free to call or email:
Thank you and may God Bless All